I'm tired, and this fatigue has nothing to do with the fact that I underslept last night. Weights are pulling at my eyelashes because every day I open the paper, I have to check the date to see if I'm not reading yesterday's edition by mistake.
The same template is being filled with different contents every day, but it's the same template. Rape/sexual assault story, politicians' corrupt affairs, yes-to-peace/no-to-peace statements, and the list goes on and on.
So I say - why bother?? Why fill the annals of our days with the filth we allow in the halls of government, in our back yards and on our front stages. Why give the felons satisfaction by granting them our attention, our abhorrence and our time. Our brain capacity has never been so limited, now that Google can inundate it to the point of seizure. Advertising on TV and on billboards is raping our consciousness.
So why add on to our narrow tray the daily horrors that enjoy the media's central stage?
I know I'm far from being the first person to have raised those questions, and that the wheels of the world will keep turning in the exact same way. But I do believe that we need this occasional reminder: Not to take the horrors for granted, not to honour them with our automated consumption of their details.
Not to shrug, sigh and move on to dive into the sports section.
The same template is being filled with different contents every day, but it's the same template. Rape/sexual assault story, politicians' corrupt affairs, yes-to-peace/no-to-peace statements, and the list goes on and on.
So I say - why bother?? Why fill the annals of our days with the filth we allow in the halls of government, in our back yards and on our front stages. Why give the felons satisfaction by granting them our attention, our abhorrence and our time. Our brain capacity has never been so limited, now that Google can inundate it to the point of seizure. Advertising on TV and on billboards is raping our consciousness.
So why add on to our narrow tray the daily horrors that enjoy the media's central stage?
I know I'm far from being the first person to have raised those questions, and that the wheels of the world will keep turning in the exact same way. But I do believe that we need this occasional reminder: Not to take the horrors for granted, not to honour them with our automated consumption of their details.
Not to shrug, sigh and move on to dive into the sports section.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home